Saturday, January 21, 2012

A Few of My Favorite Things

There's no better way to get through the blues than to focus on all the things I love about living in Brussels. I'm determined to enjoy the hustle & bustle of this capital city before returning to the suburbs back home. Plus, time flies when you're having fun! Food has to top my list of most favorite things because, hey, a girl's gotta eat! The restaurants are outstanding and the Liege waffles are delicious, especially when topped with whipped cream and fresh strawberries. Next to that are the people I've met from around the world. Seventy nationalities are represented at my son's school alone (no one would pose for a photo - okay, I didn't ask). There's never a dull moment with so many museums, art galleries, festivals and parades. Being the animal-lover that I am, I also adore the cute dogs who are welcome in shops, cafes and restaurants. And because I get so thirsty walking around town, admiring artists in the Grand Place and seasonal park flowers, I rely on my favorite local beverages to stay well-hydrated!






No comments:

Post a Comment