Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Colorful Chocolatiers

Everyone knows Belgium is world famous for its finest and most delectable chocolate! Although chocolate comes in just two shades of brown and one shade of white, the shops they're sold in are beautifully colorful and always a delight to enter. Shop owners and chocolate companies probably don't need to work so hard when it comes to selling their goods but I'm always impressed by their attractive displays. I'll take this opportunity to recommend my friend Arturo's favorite chocolatier, Leonidas, proudly serving chocolate since 1913. Whether you have the pleasure of visiting one of the 1400 shops worldwide or ordering via email, finicky chocoholics (an oxymoron?) can choose from: decorative ballotins, butter creams, dark chocolate, milk chocolate, white chocolate, pralines, nougats, cream liquors, truffles, fruit-flavored jellies, Napolitains, Manon blanc/cafés, orangettes, Gianduja and Giantinas, mendiants, marzipan, assorted chocolate bars, confectioneries, chocolate subscriptions/gift cards and party favors. If you're like me, not finicky whatsoever, you'll simply take one of each, thank you very much :-)






4 comments:

  1. I love it...and I have gone into quite a few of the shops you pictured here...Still enjoying some of the Leonidas praelines you brought us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh good! I hope you'll visit in the next few months to stock up on more! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you haven't already, you must visit Grand Sablon for chocolate. It's known as 'chocolate square' and the best of the best are there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Alison, I'm saving my euros for Marcolini (I hear it's the best)!

    ReplyDelete